Credentials and Contributions:
- Board-Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. Among the youngest orthodontists in the history of the Board to complete the certification process.
- Bronze Tablet University Honors graduate from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign (B.S. Degree)
- President of the UNC School of Dentistry Class of 2002 (DDS Degree)
- Gilmer-Smith Foundation Scholarship recipient
- Spurgeon Dental Society Class Award recipient
- William S. Kramer Award of Excellence recipient
- Proctor and Gamble Educational Technology Award recipient
- Dr. Clarence Lee Sockwell Award in Dental Anatomy recipient
- Completed Orthodontic master’s thesis on the “Long Term Efficacy of Reverse Pull Facemask Therapy” with Dr. William Proffit, Dr. David Sarver, Dr. Raymond White, and Dr. L’Tanya Bailey (In publication, November 2006 Angle Orthodontist).
- Member of American Association of Orthodontists, Southern Association of Orthodontists, North Carolina Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, North Carolina Dental Society, Raleigh-Wake County Dental Society
- Guest lecturer with the UNC Chapel Hill Department of Orthodontics
- Husband to Dr. Anita Jones Wells who is a dentist in Raleigh, NC
- Father to two active yet lovable boys, Ashton and Arison Wells
- Active member of Hope Community Church and a supporter of The Helene Foundation, giving hope to mothers fighting cancer.
- Visit Dr. Wells on his Google+ page to learn more.
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Dr. Wells, or have any questions, please contact our Raleigh orthodontic practice today!